Thursday 24 October 2013

Halloween - Part 2

Sorry, it's took me a while to get back. Think I shot myself in the foot on this one. The songs that I like don't really come from the 50's at all. Halloween parties go way back. Poirot was at one. Jack Benny had one on his radio show in 1938 (think that was the same night they broadcast War of the Worlds, and caused a panic because people thought it was actually happening). Dracula, Frankenstein and a few others had been around forever, and since the early days of celluloid. in the 50's horror movies abounded but Hallowe'en was still about ghosts - not the commercial thing it is today.













I'll happily - 
Stroll to Boogaboo by Jelly Roll Morton - 1928
Jive to Swinging At The Seance by Glen Miller-1939
Time Warp to Rocky Horror
Bop to Boneshaker Baby by Alien Sex Fiend or Vince Ray
I think it's probably a matter of your choice - there's lots of stuff out there
Here's a few covers to look out for. They all have a few songs that work for a party and the ones I like best are the top two and the psychobilly ones.
Some favourites - 
Bruce & the Heartbreaks - Bomp In The Night
Vince Ray & the Boneshakers - Jailhouse Spook
Johnny Fuller - Haunted House
The Mysterons - Night Of The Ghouls
Jimmy Dee - The Monster Hop
Tarantula Ghoul - Graveyard Rock
Jack & Jim - Midnight Monster's Hop
The Ghastly Ones - Ghastly Stomp
Chris Kevin - Haunted House
Grave Stompers - Call From The Grave
Chotails - Queen Of Halloween
Psychocharger - Rawkillbaby
Howlin' Wolf - I Ain't Superstitious
13 covers - 13 tracks - just a selection from about 200 

Tried to find a pumpkin to end on - not sure where it's gone - it's an animated gif - quite fun - if I find it soon I'll post it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment